You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Friday, June 7, 2013

Cuccio Naturale Pomegranate & Fig Butter Blend


You've already heard me speak about this product once (in my last post) and now I've got a full-on rave coming your way. I am ridiculously head over heels about this product - it is heavenly.

As I mentioned briefly in the previous post, I received Cuccio Naturale's Pomegranate & Fig Butter Blend in my November Topbox last year and quickly dismissed it as 'just another body butter' to be used for vacation/holiday trips. It remained in storage until I got a gym membership recently and had to pack a toiletries bag with some shower goodies for after I workout. I remember liking the scent when I first sniffed the tube back when I first got it but it was a brand I wasn't familiar with so I didn't have any expectations of it. Or at least I didn't think I was going to be blown away by it....

I couldn't be more wrong. 

This body butter blend was absolute love at first application. It has quite a thick consistency as you can see in the photo below, which initially led me to think that it would be the sticky/greasy type, but when I spread it through my hands it magically thinned out and absorbed into my skin at lightning fast. But what really pushed me over the edge into purchasing a full size tub of this stuff was the way it made my skin feel just seconds later - silky, smooth, utter luxuriousness. It's a lot like cream makeup products that have a cream-to-powder finish. The end result is zero tackiness and one hundred percent comfortable moisture! And have I mentioned the scent that is the most amazing fusion of pomegranate and fig? It's there but not in a strong or overpowering way - perfect for a product that you may be slathering all over your body. It's just really nice and fresh and quite a "big girl" scent, if that makes sense. This butter blend comes in other scents as well which I'm planning to purchase in the future - papaya and guava nectar, milk and honey, lemongrass and lavender, and tuscan citrus herb (with bergamot and clary sage). Don't they all sound delicious?!

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about this product is how hard it is to get a hold of! Once I realized that I needed this product in my life, I did of bit of research as to where I could pick one up only to find out that they don't sell this stuff anywhere. In fact, Cuccio Naturale as a brand is only sold to spa and salon professionals. Ridiculous! Cuccio Naturale, if you're reading this - I bet you would turn a hell of a profit if you made this widely available to the public!!! So I turned to eBay and purchased this massive 8 oz. tub for roughly $10+shipping. It felt like such a luxury product that I expected it to be more expensive, so the price is totally worth it in my opinion.

This now sits on my bedside table to be used whenever I'm feeling a bit dry anywhere or even when I just want a refreshing scent to give me a bit of a jolt! Cuccio Naturale's Pomegranate & Fig Butter Blend makes me a happy camper. :)




Twitter: @jemcheng
Tumblr: withscienceandfaith
Instagram: jemcheng

13 comments:

  1. the way you describe these sounds heavenly! have you tried the body shop body butters? how do you think they compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I've been told I have persuasive powers. ;) I have and I think these aren't even comparable! I think The Body Shop body butters come in a few varieties (as in some are formulated differently than others) but I've tried the strawberry and satsuma ones and both do not absorb nearly as fast as this. And with those I feel like you have to wait a bit before doing anything with your hands. The Cuccio absorbs super fast and doesn't feel sticky AT ALL afterwards!

      Delete
    2. Waahhh thanks for the breakdown! Body Butters are one of my favourites, but you're right, they're a little greasy before they absorb into the skin. I have a TON of body butters, so I think I'll have to use those up before I get into something new :P But I'll keep these in mind for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I have to try this, I never seen it but I love pomegranates and your description of the product was really good so ill have to give it a go!
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it, I promise. It's amazing! :)

      Delete
  3. Better late then never discover this body butter?
    Glad it worked well for you ^^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's what I like to say! :) It's awesome - you should check it out!

      Delete
  4. Great post I just tried the Nip+Fab body butter and I love it! You should try it

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouu I'll have a look at that one next time I pop into the store!

      Delete
  5. I love body butters. What a shame this isn't more easily available :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's unfortunate. :(( The day they start selling to the public, I'm hoarding that stuff. Haha.

      Delete
  6. LOVE this!!
    They sell it at my salon and it's amazing!

    <3 - Elle. | MERMAID HAIR FANTASY

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg